View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #1339
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,361
Today, I rode up to El Valle.
It is a little town up in the mountains.
There are some hot springs there and if you know me by now, I can't turn down taking a dip.
I took the back way in.
The road started out nice. But the closer I got, the worse the road got. I finally rounded this corner and started to climb up this rocky hill that would be hard to walk up let alone ride a 600+ pound motorcycle up. As I rounded the corner, I was already half way up when I realized that it was too much for me and my bike and it only got worse from there. I hit the brakes and came to a stop on the hill. I nearly dumped the bike getting to that point because the hill had tons of marble to baseball size rocks on it. The hill was so steep, that my front brake alone would not hold me in place. I had gotten myself in to a situation where I thought for sure my bike was going to fall over. And I had not passed a car for miles!!!!

It took me about 10 minutes, but I used both my front brake and the clutch with the bike in gear as a rear brake. I very slowly got the bike turned around and pointed in the opposite direction.
I make it back down without further problem and took the paved road in to El Valle.
My GPS showed I was only 2 miles from El Valle when I turned around and I had to ride about 40 more miles to get there from that point