View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #1615
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkuri View Post
My first post here on this thread, one of many, as I've just joined the SE crowd.
I've owned an Adv R for almost two years, and known since early days I'd "bought the wrong bike"
Just purchased a SE, finally, and have a few questions....
Questions:
What Adventure parts fit the 950?
Difference in maintenance?
Any must do additional things apply? Bear in mind I had an extremely tricked out AdvR....
Welcome aboard at last, now you wont keep asking to take mine out :) mate your old bike was well tricked but in reality you know you were just trying to make it an SE

The only mods you need is a side stand re-locator, decent tyres, set up the suspension and then ride it like you stole it... The rest is personal choice, obviously epc and SAS, I have yet to do mine and its plenty enough as is, so, not essential.

What Adventure parts fit the 950?
From what I have found LC8 engine is pretty much the same but different gears and stroke, oberon clutch slave is the same and your bling bit will fit :) It has 2 fans already so you don't need an aux fan kit etc. Personally I would just treat it as a completely different bike and start again. Strip your old bike to standard and sell the bits.

When are you bringing her round then?

950superenduro.com For those who own the best bike!
wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote