View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #1107
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,650
A few of you have asked me to post up a few photos of my TT racks along with the Wolfman E-12 saddle bags.

I plan on getting the 1.75 gallon Rotopax tank to mount on the tail rack instead of the Rally Raid tanks for the time being. Because of this extra weight the Rotopax tank puts on the threaded inserts molded into the stock fuel tank, I decided to remove the Wolfman Wolf Tail-which for a day ride could tip the scales at 10 to 15 lbs real easily. The tail bag along with the 12 lbs of fuel is more than double what the rack and KTM says can be supported on the ass-end of the bike.

For those of you who are wondering, the TT hardbag racks and the SW Motech tail rack fit nicely together and I can't imagine needing any more solid mounting system. The bolts which come in each mounting kit are too short, but a trip to the local Lowe's/Depot for longer metric bolts went without a hitch.

Here you go...

Holy Shiite this is a hoot of a bike to ride!! If you're sitting on the fence about a 690, come on in..the water's fine.

Dirty

dirty_sanchez screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 07:57 AM
dirty_sanchez is online now   Reply With Quote