View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
erkmania OP
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 867
Power Brake Flushing and Codes

(Summary: 2005GS, servo brakes, flushing brakes and codes. Code(s) reset needed?)

Hey folks. I just read the procedure for bleeding the power brake system and learned that the instructions are for the 1150GS. I'm not worried about the bleeding process since I have a decent handle on that. What I really wanted to know was whether a code or codes would be triggered that needed resetting on a 2005 GS. I was told by the dealer that codes WOULD be activated and hence my search. I would expect a code each for the fuel pump controller and the fuel level sender since they would be disconnected during the service if any codes would be triggered. My hope is that the codes are soft and don't cause the dash indicator to light up.

Am I at a point where I need the GS911 for this or can I let the soft codes be? I realize the right answer is buy the GS911, but that's not in my immediate hand of cards.

I will continue searching the web for more info. Thanks for any input and if I blundered by not searching hard enough then please let me know that too.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote