View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
racer187x OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Angeles Forest route planning help

I've done a fair bit of searching and figured I'd throw it to the experts for advice. I entered myself and my BRP in the 6 Hours of Glen Helen (actually, I plan on doing all three events) in the Ironman class.

I live in the North Hollywood/Burbank area and don't want to freeway it all the way out there and back on the poor pig. Here is what I tentatively planned:

Knowing that it is winter (despite our 75 degree temps today) what do you guys think as far as off road for part of the way through the forest? My apologies, I haven't explored the Angeles Forest area before. My wife and I moved to California not too long ago so I'm a noob down here.
"Stuckness shouldn't be avoided. It's the psychic predecessor of all real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is the key to an understanding of all Quality, in mecahnical work as in other endeavors. It's this understanding of Quality, as revealed by stuckness, which so often makes self-taught mechanics so superior to institute-trained men who have learned how to handle everything except a new situation."
racer187x is offline   Reply With Quote