View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #134
Echo3Niner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
I don't see the factories getting involved, and especially not to bail DMG out, it was their(and ama) man Roger Edmondson that wanted to get rid of factory involvement in the first place.
how to fix it? Wish I knew.
personnally, I'd like to see WSBK rules for ama superbike, manufacturers already have the bikes homologated, and our guys would be able to have wild card rides in a world championship. Expensive? you bet, but it's superbike, they should be expensive, fast, and ridden by the best guys we have. I want to walk through the pits and say "wow" look at these things, amazing. not walk through the pits and say gee, looks just like the ones in the parking lot.
and make the daytona 200 a superbike race again for crying out loud!
Have ONE 600 class, and make it what it should be, a stepping stone to the superbike class, not trying to be the main attraction. should top pros be allowed? sure, but they also HAVE to race superbike, just like most of them did back in the 90's
maybe run a moto3 class for the youngsters, just like the red bull cup from a few years back, great racing and skill building, spec bikes, reduced costs, maybe even do a lease program. hello KTM????

Hahahaha, for not having an idea how to fix it, you sure dished out a couple dozen! But, I'm buying just about everything you're selling, so keep on keeping on.
“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
Echo3Niner is offline   Reply With Quote