View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #28712
duckman
unindited co consperitor

Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee View Post
I won't even step foot in a Dick's anymore - they screwed a bunch of people over after the Newton shooting by canceling their orders for ARs - including screwing over the company they had an ongoing contract with to sell the ARs.

I won't deal with sellers who pulls such BS on their customers or the businesses they deal with or that cave to political pressure.

That said, it is not uncommon to have a purchase be delayed where it is subject to a background check. The seller cannot do anything about it if the background check is required by law for purchase - the agency doing the check returns a "delayed" status and then you just have to wait. Sometimes it comes back in an hour, sometimes a few days. It probably would not do any good to go elsewhere either as they will hit the same roadblock - if they don't then that means the delay was removed.
im with you. i will never go into dicks sporting goods again. they used the shootincg in Ct. to advertise their bullshit stores.
"sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc" 'we gladly feast on those who would subdue us'
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote