View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #31
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
Those are some mighty fine looking cans. I do like the latch, lock and hinge set up as well as other features..

The latches are awesome. They actually have 3 levels of security. There's a pin you need to push up to unlatch them whether they're locked or unlocked. For those that don't like to lock their panniers while riding around town, the hidden pin is a nice safety deterrent for someone looking for a quick access to your panniers. The there is the keyed lock and third is the padlock hole for added security or if you lose/forget your key.

That's my GSA above. I've had my panniers for about a week now and the only nitpick I have is that I can't fit my Arai XD3 in them due to the reinforced lip around the opening. I don't mind the sacrifice for the added protection, though. I couldn't fit a helmet in my Jesse cases, either.

These cases are pretty strong, too. This is my fat ass 200lbs standing on the empty 45L pannier. Could I do this with my Jesse Odysseys? Yes, I could probably jump on them, but I do know my OEM Adventure cases would crush in if I stood on them.

Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote