View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
racer187x OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
sounds like uv'e already bitten off more than u can chew by entering no the less riding to and from such event!!
how are u gonna pit/ refuel/ what if u get hurt yada yada
cant wait to hear the ride/race report though!!!
wanna see lottsa pics
All, thanks for the advice so far, keep it coming! Hopefully, the pavement will be clear at the very least!

Happy: No worries, I appreciate the advice as well. Actually, I have pit support with some friends and family meeting me out there. I was thinking of leaving the day before and camping out there overnight. It would be crazy to leave the day of!

I know the pig can do it but we'll see how I do. Pics below are from Baja 11/13 -11/17/2012. We were doing 150-200 mile days every day and that bike didn't bat an eye. I haven't ridden much this winter since then so I'll be shaking off the cobwebs with this race.

Ride/race report to follow. This has been a fun project so far. I bought the bike as an experiment to see how little I could spend and how much I could do with one bike (the money part should be easy cause I'm broke ). $2,300 on the bike $500 to plate/convert. I'm using Mobil 1 motorcycle oil from Autozone (my KTM would cry, my wallet doesn't), Primary Drive sprockets/chain from Rocky Mountain etc. I bought the Baja Designs race light for the Baja which has been the only real piece of equipment I've bought for it, other than the dual sport kit.
"Stuckness shouldn't be avoided. It's the psychic predecessor of all real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is the key to an understanding of all Quality, in mecahnical work as in other endeavors. It's this understanding of Quality, as revealed by stuckness, which so often makes self-taught mechanics so superior to institute-trained men who have learned how to handle everything except a new situation."
racer187x is offline   Reply With Quote