View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #69
Steve canyon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
After the Army told me of I went to the UXO center in Dong for a look, nobody was around so I grabbed some pictures and left...

Passed some more bombed out bridges, the amount of UXO ornaments along this road is unbelievable, every where you look you see an old casing....

I arrived in Thaket and checked into a hotel, I was very tired and tomorrow was another big day, so food and early to bed for me..

Next Morning I'm going back to Namsanam for the night before heading up North, so I stop in at the MAG centre to say hello, all very friendly and some of them recognize me from the trials..

The Boss.

Afterwards it's back on the 1E and I'm going for a poke around near the Dam

Great views.

Nobody around

Except this Dude Andy who's riding the world..

Looks a bit spooky here..

Then the Dam, I had to park the bike, pity because there was no way i was walking the last k in this heat, what a beautiful area.

It's a beautiful ride to the dam, nobody around at all.

And finally back to Ban Namsanam.

A very tired man today...and tomorrow is a big one up to Phonsavan. wheres my bed.

I got up real early, I think this is day 4 on the road and I'm going to try route 10, my GPS is saying no but i'm told it's new tarmac all the way....so of I go..good morning.

I got the Video on and it's just bend after bend, up down like a roller coaster

Then I run into a rather large ford, check it out and in I go, the water is so strong is pushing me toward the edge of the ford then I get stuck...the bike will not move I think the clutch has just let go....

I'm stuck in the middle but spot a couple of workers and ask them to come over and help, we still cant push the bike....then one notices the chain is off, I hook her on push her back and bingo I'm saved, the force of the water must have derailed it.....got it all on video...thanks guys and I'm off again.

More great roads.

What a ride...

What a view

I arrived Phonsavan around 4pm booked into a Hotel, went for dinner and once again went to bed early...man I'm tired..

Next morning I'm getting up late and going to the tourist board to get some info and check a few things out, it's cold in Phonsavan, bring a jumper..

MAG centre.

Tourist information.

Lots of war scrap

Then it's back on the road, yesterday was good but today was mind blowing, the roads are good, the views are brilliant, route 7 to route 13 North, up and down all day, never have I ridden such stunning terrain....

This picture sums up the day, you can see where yu have just come from.

A magical day

I arrived in Luang Prabang exhausted, 1800k's had left me knackered, the Lifan was in need of some love. I was in LP to do some Teaching at the LEOT center....first I would rest though.

What a week....., I feel like I could ride forever..