View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #584
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
I have been trying to find a used Cush hub wheel for my bike for quite a while with no luck. Would like to keep my stock wheel set up as is with a dirt oriented tire. Looked at Woody's wheel but $970 before sprocket, rotor, tire, and tube is getting out of my price range.

Found that they still sale new 640 wheels and sprocket carriers. Motorsport has the cush wheel at $420 and sprocket carrier at $140 plus $30 for dampers.

I know the Woody's wheel uses a billet RAD hub, stronger rim, and better lacing but I am wondering if it is worth that much more to Someone like me? I can probably afford the new oem now but would have to wait a while on the Woodys wheel.

What do you all think? Keep looking for a good used wheel? Buy the oem wheel for $590? Or wait and get the Woody's wheel for $970 in 6-8 months? Obviously money is a factor. I can't spend a ton but I want to to do some long highway miles without worry about my countershaft and would like to smooth out the ride. Thanks for any help!
Joe
Hi Joe, at Woody's if you send in your rear wheel you can get ~$50 to $100 credit for your OEM hub, and if you go with the cast 640 cush hub (which Woody's also sells) you save another $100, and if you go with regular spokes instead of the super-beefy SS spokes they sell you save even more.

I don't care about having 2 sets of wheels for the 390, it's meant primarily for offroad, but will see a lot of pavement too on longer mixed rides where there's no luxury of changing complete wheels. I wanted the cush hub before the spline ended up like Lost's.

I have no worries about the RAD cush hub holding up to or affecting tough technical offroad rides. A simliar cush hub holds up to double the HP on my KTM990 just fine.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote