View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #728
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
Hello All, I just want to make sure that everyone understands that Bill and I try our best to do as many rides as possible and post as far in the future as possible. Please realize that there are one hell of a large number of guys that ride in the east valley. Please don't let us be the only people to post rides here. Here is the next ride that we have almost planned:

(I know this isn't east valley but we will start in the east valley and ride from there)
Saturday March 2nd, 0830 AM meet at ( There must be a breakfast place at Arizona Ave and Loop 202)
Kickstands up at 0915 or so and head to Maricopa, AZ. We will gas up in Maricopa and head west to Mobile, AZ and
pick up the gas pipeline road at Mobile school. Continue down the gas pipeline to Highway 85. We cross 85 and get back on the pipeline road where it intersects with old US Hwy 80. We will take US 80 to Gila Bend, AZ. In Gila Bend we will determine the route to the old town of Agua Caliente depending on time. (Time might press us to slab it) Time permitting we take the back roads. Once we get to Agua Caliente we will take a look around the historic ruins of the town and then head back home via Agua Caliente road then head down the MC85 the rest of the way home. This is a long ride and I would say that he KLR is probably best suited for this ride with the larger tank, but I believe that Bill made it with his DR650 and the stock tank last time. We will try to make as many fuel stops as possible. Most of the off road riding is more dirt roads than trails however as always I am sure we will find somewhere to run into terrain that challenges us. I will update the meeting place as soon as I find a suitable dining spot. Darrol lives right down the street so I am sure he can advise. It would be really cool to get some of the guys that went last weekend on this epic ride. -Paul
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote