View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #57
AL510
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Doctor View Post
Big thing is that you will have access to water potentially several times a day coming from the North. Three riders each carry 18-20L was over kill and contributed to the fatigue factor

Would need to go through my notes but you have Bilunia then water available at Lake Gregory (worth the detour) and then another few more wells before Kunna - Well 49 44 38 & 33 from memory. Also remember that when we got to the well we had a big drink and also aimed to camp there so we would have access to the water.

So when I do it again it will be with 3-4 bikes each carrying around 6L

We did it in July 2011 & it was like a freeway I think we would have passed 3-5 groups a day heading north and also passed groups camped up who would normally come over and have a chat - even scored some ice blocks off one family

Hey Rob, hows it going? 2015 you reckon, i might be keen to have a crack at it then myself after having to pull out last time.i dont know about an enduro bike but i might have to build up a new dr. After looking at every thing on the market at the moment i dont think there are too many other options. Maybe we could get Danoj keen again for another crack as well.

Hey snowy, i would love to go this year but i dont think i could get organised by then. Have you had many takers?
AL510 is offline   Reply With Quote