Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #14
pirate63 OP
SUPA 10 PILOT

Oddometer: 445
Another update,slowly getting there as i sit in the heart of Cambodia

Taking it easy in Fraser Hill.

untitled-4.jpg

Fraser hill

The last 30 km’s of riding up to Fraser Hill, was amazing we were just about the only ones using the roads, and they were in fantastic condition, the grass verges were all neatly trimmed & no litter!
We arrived at our hotel ‘The Puncak’ round about 1pm (seems to be our arrival time for all hotels!)

After registering we went to our room…’cosy’ would be a word you could describe it, but we needed it for 1 night, we took a wonder around the ‘village’ then went for a bite to eat at the restaurant next to the hotel, while eating lunch we decided that we would stay one more night as it was so peaceful, to be frank there must have been only a handful of tourists, while deciding what to do for the rest of the day, I went back to our hotel to get a map of the local area, as I was walking getting closer to our hotel I noticed a large motorbike…a Suzuki V-Strom no doubt, the same size as ours but younger,…as I approached the reception desk I saw a young man in bike gear, he turned and smiled and said ‘you must be Christine,

steves way of life

untitled-4.jpg

Hi I’m Steven’…something like that anyway…I’m sure you get the picture… Steven & Clive had been in touch with each other while we were organizing out our trip in Australia- Steven is doing a similar trip, except he is riding back home to Germany…What a small world, we knew Steven had arrived in Malaysia but not sure where he was at this point in time, I told him we were having lunch and to join us he would be welcome, a short time later Steven joined us for some lunch, beer and a chat, we decided to meet up for a quick bike ride to explore the area.
The roads are perfect for bikers, tight bends that go up and up, we to stop at the top of one hill to admire the view, and we got off the bikes Steven must have put his bike on an uneven surface and the bike promptly fell over on its side…

over she goes

lucky for him there was no damage as the panniers managed to protect the bike, after Clive had shown Steven the correct way to pick up a bike, the boys accessed the damage luckily just a couple of minors scratches…After all that fun! We headed off back to the Puncak, and later arranged to meet up for dinner.

After speaking to the receptionist at the hotel he said it wouldn’t be a problem to stay another night…
We had dinner at the same place as we had lunch…as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of choice around due to the season being ‘out of season’
After a great meal and a chat about bikes…again, customs etc. we headed off to continue to play catch up on the blog, but yet again we had really slow Wi-Fi, which is so frustrating, it took forever to attached a few photos to our blog!

Blog time

After breakfast the next morning we said our ‘Good-Byes’ to Steven (Steven’s Way Of Life) & headed off out ourselves for a ride to Jeriau Amenity Forest, after about a 25 minute walk we came to a swimming hole used by locals.

Fraser hill

Jungle ride

Allans water

Watch out!

As the clouds & rain rolled in, so did the night, so after another delicious meal at the same English pub style restaurant we went to the night before (not a lot of choice out of season), again we were also the only people in the restaurant…not quite sure how these businesses stay afloat…maybe they make enough in the high seasons?

Kenda star bikers

The next morning as we were packing the bike up, and some bikers that had parked next to us came over and started up a conversation, they wanted to know where we were going, how much it cost, how old we were etc, they were similar age…thats all i’m going to say!
They are part of a bike group ‘Kedah Stars Bikers’a great bunch of guys.
So once agin after packing up we set off for the Genting Highlands…and so the journey continues!

http://brisbane2bristol.wordpress.com
pirate63 is offline   Reply With Quote