View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #74035
jessepitt
Ride More

Oddometer: 993
Let me help confuse things

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumposorousrex View Post
Thanks Guys. I will keep searching for the dr350 wheel. I was hoping to pick up a donor RM bike and use the front end and both wheels. I have found more than a few complete bikes that need top ends for under $500. Anyway thanks for the help.

Matt

This is the same thought I had. I have a DR350 and am useing an RMX swingarm with the stock DR350 (dirt model) wheel. The spacers are just cut down a hair as the RMX swinger is narrower. I think that if the stock DR350 rim can be made to work with the RMX arm then the RMX wheel should be able to work on the DR650. Also, I think that if you are using the DR350 wheel as your dirt wheel and always run a knobby on it the cush drive wont be needed, the knobs will buffer the trans on road. My DR350 is a plated dirt model with no cush and it seems fine on the street but it doesn't spend much time there. It has the same forks as the RMX as well, as it is a '98. They are great forks and are fully adjustable, they seem like a no brainer mod to me as they fit the stock DR650 triple.
jessepitt is offline   Reply With Quote