View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #354
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
You sound like the Red Green of the electronics world.
More like blue cheese, 20yrs chasing trons in the Navy. These lights are simple compared to some of the stuff they'd drop on my bench.

They're a small modules about 4mm x 4mm that has solder flats located on the back. The solder areas are pretty large compaired to circuit boad work for heat transfer. Depending on the design, it can even be a drop in module with no soldering required. The heat sink is drilled and the solder attachment is done by flowing solder through those holes. The Lens, decent housing and a securely mounted driver are the biggest obsticles to a good LED light, emitters are the easy part. Some suppliers offer bin matched LEDs like what BD advertises on their lights. I'm never satisfied with something out of the box, I've got to pull it apart and try to break it

RideFreak screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 11:08 AM
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote