Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #172
0theories OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
"It was a great adventure and a lot of fun. I will miss you Laura!"
I'll miss her too!

How about quoting some prices of food and accommodations?
Thanks Pete!

Yes, we will all miss her! I'll have to find a new star for this show

I'll try to include prices for accommodations, but I rarely talk about food or keep good specific track of the costs (although I have a general idea of what it costs day to day). I can include that if you'd like, similar to John in his excellent "South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure" RR. (free plug for a great RR!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
I love Guatemala. It certainly is cheap enough if you shop around. Hotels listed in the guides will cost more. I can remember staying in Flores on the lake, 2 beds for $9/night CDN. Not bad. Safe travels.
Very true. Guatemala might be my favorite CA country (not that I rank them ) Three years ago I stayed in Flores for $6 a night (I was on a <$20 a day budget ). In Xela now, my accommodations are $4.60 a night for my own room (shared bathroom). I see postings with monthly rent for about 800 quetzales ($100 bucks). I think I'm spending too much on food, but I'm sick of tacos so I've been eating foreign (Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, Italian... ) But it's definitely not bad!

Oregon to Panama RR (Guatemala actually...)
KLR Build Thread
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote