Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #836
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveburton View Post
Hi Paul,

Hope all going well with yourself.

Thanks for the maps advice, I'm about to try and download some to see how they work.

Do you have a thread that covers the bike. With that kind of mileage it would be great to see what you did and why and what you thought was nice to have together with what you considered essential. A lot of people are using the Rotax based bikes for difficult terrain whilst others are choosing the KLR. The 660 seems to be the other option as it has injection and more power than the KLR and a bit more than the Rotax I think.

Would you use the same again.

cheers dave
slowly getting things done here...

do smaller selections of the maps and save them as unique files (for example don't do the whole of south america, break into countries or regions) they are very detailed, more so than garmin of the similar areas

i have a report about all the upgrades and changes i did to the XT HERE

would i pick it again...yes for the type of riding i did want it for, a KLR isn't and will never be a bike i own for lots of reasons but i am changing my bike to something very different, its actually sitting in my garage right now...i'll fill in more details of what i'm doing/ riding in the coming weeks. too much other crap to deal with than that right now
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote