View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #205
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Please guys, stop mentioning the WR250R Ive been wanting one ever since I first found out about it.. after buying the DR650.

I like the DR650 though- it doesnt ever feel heavy to me until I have to turn it around in loose sand. Ive practiced picking it up the right way and it isnt a challenge- even dropped it in a mudhole (on purpose of course ) and had no problems. Im used to street bikes that are 500+ pounds, so it feels like a mountain bike to me.

Anyways, well see how things go. At this point im planning on doing the Arkansas-Utah portion of the TAT, part of the CDT, and then part of the Pacific Coast Highway before I head north to Alaska. I might cut out either the CDT portion or the PCH- I dont want to cram too much in one trip. Thoughts from you experienced folk?

It definitely seems like bike preference and setup is hugely variable to the rider. Theres a guy down here (bzrider) who rides a GS like a dirtbike and even the experienced guys talk about it being a wonder to see how he throws it around.
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote