View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #98
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
I am going to be doing a trip from Pensacola to Prudhoe Bay this year on a DR650, but I will end up going North on the PCH from San Francisco. My "plans" have me in Alaska towards the end of July staying through part of August. I have read many many weather threads on "best time to come to Alaska" and it seems the consensus is mid June to mid July (peak of tourism up there). Im kind of hoping to avoid the RVs and all that by coming a little later. Im not too worried about cold so much as rain- I guess it would be completely stupid of me to ask about rain in August huh?

If need be, I can eliminate some of my time spent in CONUS and avoid the higher passes in Colorado if it gives me a better chance at some good weather up there (by getting there sooner). I dont mind rain at all actually, but of course would like a few nice days to enjoy some photography and take in the sights. Any thoughts? You guys have all the knowledge being up there all the time

From what ive read, August can be rainy, yet recently it seems July has been that way and August has been relatively clear. I know- this far north there is no pattern and what happens happens. Thought id ask
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote