View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #22931
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post

I got a bad feeling about this! haven't you rebuilt most of that ernge bike of yours
lol- i rebuilt the drz i used to have. while i was in korea i started to get a slight crank knock. so i had a korean mechanic tear it down and fix it. have not had really any major problems since. turns out the bike had too much oil and was dumping it into the Airbox which was dumping it right on the sprocket area. so i do need some help.

turns out the sprocket seal looks almost brand new. the orange oring looks worn. the oring sits basically in this spacer that goes over the spline. what is supposed to hold the spacer from slidding out from the seal? the sprocket or is the seal supposed to hold the spacer on? i can push the spacer back on and the seal does hold the spacer somewhat. i started the engine without the sprocket one to see how bad it leaked and it seemed if i pushed agaisnt the spacer it really didnt leak. so i am guessing i just need a new orange oring and when i put the sprocket back on the nut will hold it altogether??? sorry i cant post pics or i would upload one...