View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #846
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,455
MILLERS SMOKEHOUSE in Belton

Johnny's:This was the place where I tasted the sauce & found it to be almost exactly like my grandfather Powers' secret sauce recipie. That was back a few owners though... Don't kno bout now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I recently ate at Johnny's in Salado. This place is both BBQ and steaks. The steaks are some of the BEST I have ever had...oh, but wait...this is the Quest for the Holy Smoke Thread So back to Q

Ribs were damn good about a 8
Brisket was good too.....7

Ribs were well seasoned and large but only 2 ribs in the combo plate not saying I left hungry by no means, but don't don't expect Loco Coyote portions Brisket was well seasoned/nice smoke but a tad dry. I had french fries and they were home cut SSDan( no fake fries here) This was a side destination after my primary destination(Millers)in Belton was closed on Monday Not disappointed in my fare and I will eat here again...I tend to favor the steaks here(ribeye or Sirloin)...so if you are headed down IH 35 and you find yourself near Salado, Look up Johnnys..here is the link to their website..
http://johnnyssteaksandbbq.com/about.html

Now remember....I said Millers ONLY HAS RIBS FRIDAY & SATURDAYS
They're open TUE-SAT (OH ..&....Tue is the day they make SMOKED CHICKEN SALAD....but it doesn't last till Friday!!) last time we were actually there on a Tue around 1PM & it was all gone already!!!!!

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote