View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #666
JD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Yes. They dont seem to be a common choice. ?? Thoughts? Protection, appearance, etc. Trying the decide between the AltRider and SW-Motech. Already have the AltRider rack and bash plate.

Thanks!
G'day

Before buying the bike I looked at all the different crash bars available and for me it was a toss up between the SW Motech and Altriders.

When I picked up the bike from a dealer 3hrs from home there just happened to be a guy a few suburbs away from the dealer who had all the Altrider gear in stock, so that's what I went with.

The Altrider bars, although pricey, seemed really solid in their construction and the way they mounted, and turned out to be easy to fit.

They seem to offer similar protection to the SW Motech bars if your tiger decides to have a lie down for a while.

Having said that, there is no reason I wouldn't have bought the SW Motech's apart from the inconvenience of having to order them from a supplier on the other side of the country. There are a couple of guys over here currently riding their tigers around OZ that swear by them.

Cheers,
John
JD is offline   Reply With Quote