View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #40
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
I tried to search the net yesterday but found only a lot of bullshit concerning cars. Nothing about bikes. I wonder if someone could tell me if the ABS module works only when the engine is running or if it works when ignition is on, which is the case when I cut the engine with the kill-switch.
A mate meant that once the speed drops below 5mph the ABS is inoperative, but I really know that I was much quicker. End of March I can test this, I will just kill the engine and see what happens when I brake hard, I will test this with the key and kill-switch.
Maybe a wiring or schematic of the system may help. I really want to know what was going on. Till we chatted about it I did not even think that I might have misunderstood something. I can remember that I was able to brake harder with the front brake too....

But you know, when old men think they can remember....
The ABS functions with the engine on or off and regardless of kill position switch. It also continues to work for about 2 seconds after the key is switched off till the canbus gets around to sending a 9flag to the ABS module. It also functions down to 3Km on an F8, much slower then 5MPH

That said, I haven't actually read what issue your talking about but will go hunting for it :)
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote