View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #297
JoelWisman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Joel:

Congratulations on the promotion to service manager, with no disrespect to whoever you replaced ... they brought a knife to a gun fight in terms of keeping their job with you standing around

Likewise, congrats on becoming an owner of the business, well deserved!

Jim

PS: Thanks for thinking of us Beemer guys, I have 30K miles on my bike now and am wondering what spare parts I need to pack for a 6K mile trip that I'm developing for this summer ...
Maybe an aftermarket fuel pump & stator,
Maybe just my mastercard ...
#1 ME, I need a vacation :)
#2 Techron concentrate fuel system cleaner.
#3 A battery if your still using a stock one or Yuasa YTX14.
#4 Tubes and patches
#5 Aligator clips and some temporary way to get power direct from battery to fuel pump (with Techron and the ability to power the pump direct from battery and perhaps even jog it back and fourth i've never come across a BMW fuel pump I couldn't milk another few thousand miles from and usually more).
#6 spare injectors.
#7 head light bulb.
#8 possibly a damn stator and cover gasket or back up battery.
#9 oil and coolant.
It's a 650 if memory serves so u wont likely need spare wheel bearings but do check them before you go. Actually u may want to have the bike professionally checked from stern to stem by someone good at such. I could do it if you want, So could Ryan at Gateway but Shannon probably wouldn't let him and just assign a noob lol.
#10 spare links and masters as well as chain breaker for chain.
#11 A go over all the important electrical connections with contact protector/enhancer, NOT to be confused for dielectric grease. The only kind I know of that works is called RID-OX by techspray. It's expensive and has an MSDS with 3's and 4's but works great and Ftwins are starting to need it in a number of places.
#12 ME lmao
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote