View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Haroon OP
RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer: 536
Places & Route suggestion for 7 day ride- COLOMBIA

Hi

Back in 2011 I had posted asking for "which South American country".

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740685

From the thoughtful responses I received, I have now finalised for Colombia in the month of May. I will be renting the bike from Motolombia so hopefully Mike will be giving me some pointers.

Its a self-guided ride with my wife riding pillion and we will be spending a total of 7 full days on the bike. I am not a great dirt rider so I would stay on Tarmac as much as possible. Start & finish in Bogota doing a circular loop.

In the meanwhile, for different perspectives, I wanted to hear from people in Colombia as well as outsiders, based on your personal opinion & experiences the suggestions for a good route which can cover some of the really 'worthwhile' attractions in Colombia. Its not simply riding the whole day but if there are places we can stop and visit, we would like to do that as well. Ofcourse all based on realistic distance achievable per colombian riding conditions since I am told 200-230kms is the max including food stops etc. I dont think Cartagena is practical within the time frame we have and hence I dont mind skipping that.

If there is a really worthwhile place to spend an extra day to visit more attractions just outside the city/town, we dont mind staying an extra night there as well.

I would like to touch the other 2 main cities Cali & Medellin.

I would be grateful to receive your responses.

Thanks
Haroon

Exploring the world on 2-wheels...little at a time
RIDE for PASSION

www.rideforpassion.com

Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote