View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
How about a larger version too to match the same wide width of the bbq rack?

Many miss the bbq rack because of this and they tour with medium and large Wolfman & Orlieb dry duffels. It's often said how the bbq rack is liked because it protects the rear (signals and muffler) of the bike when dumped. I've dropped my DR several times and the bbq rack has always taken the hit.

I & others use our DRs as dirt tourers and daily-riding dirt bikes only, not singletrack machines. We want a functional wide rack and don't care about it for daily riding as we're not squeezing in tight places. Then add hard bags people use and that wide rack is not wide at all.
Bill, I've been hesitant to make a rack that wide because I think my 20" wide rack will hold even the largest dry bags well. The big 28" long bags would overhang the sides only by about 4". That really isn't much.

If I get enough requests for A BBQ size rack, I'll custom make them for anyone who wants one. Custom orders currently take two to three weeks to ship.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 09:14 PM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote