View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #4110
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,959
New update on MRA Xcreen "wing"

Just for the heck of it I decided to try swapping out the 2" "arms" on my Xcreen to the pivoting mount. What I found was while this mounting method is much more stable (the wing doesn't wobble around any more than the stock screen does), losing the 2" of height at the max "barn door" position makes a pretty significant difference in the wing's ability to remove all buffeting (at least for me). With the wing mounted just with the pivoting adjusters, if I duck down 1-2", I get that nice bubble of quiet again.

So......for folks under 6' (say 5'10" or less), the wing mounted with the pivots should work fine. For those of us 6' and above, to get the best performance from the MRA Xcreen, I highly recommend you use the 2" "arms" that come in the kit. For the record, I'm 6'0" w/ 33" inseam, and I'll likely be putting the arms back on my Xcreen so I can get that "barn door" effect on those truly nasty days where I want to keep as much of Mother Nature off me as possible (rain, sleet, etc), and still be able to move the wing almost totally out of the way for those hot summer days.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote