View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #197
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Oh, they've all talked about the quick tire degradation, about one good lap and then they go off apparently. It may be that they're not ripping Pirelli by name because they know that the manufacturer is only doing the FIA's bidding.

One driver had the nous to mention that this kind of tire made for exciting races last season. A driver with perspective, whodathunk it?
I detest that flavor of artificiality brought into F1, but at the same time, I am a fan of pit stops and the strategic influence they demand so I guess in a certain sense it's a bit hypocritical of me but I will reiterate the point I stated last season...which is that while Pirelli may be simply doing the bidding of the FIA, and since the main goal of being involved is to sell tires on Monday, that Pirelli would agree to showcase an incredibly inferior product in such a high profile way is mind boggling to me.

99% of the fans will not realize that Pirelli is simply providing the tire that the FIA asks for to create their version of excitement. What they will see is a tire, emblazoned with the Pirelli name, being blamed and discussed for such a small window of driveability. I find it hard to believe any marketing division would want to showcase their product under those circumstances.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote