JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Looking straight down the driveway at Techo Azules to the caribbean swimming

the waypoint for this place is:

N 11 15.880'
W 74 11.469'

A last look at Taganga as headed out of town:

I headed out of town and stopped at this tienda and made friends with this Colombiana who was very interested to know where I was going:

Continued on to Tayrona National Parque. Here's the turnoff:

Where I ate some lunch with a Chileno:

But alas, the buses were many and the lineup at Tayrona was long. And the computers were down. After waiting a while, I said to myself, WTH? and decided to head down the road. The hell with Tayrona. I headed down and stopped to check out the Caribbean at this overlook:

Some people stopped and asked me how the hell I had ridden a 250 Kawasaki from the U.S. down to Colombia. Here are Johan and his wife and son Lucas. He owns a coffee shop in Taganga and told me he was going to Palomino to the Dreamer Hostel on the beach for the weekend. Wow! I never question serendipity. Locals know the good spots to hang out. Sounded good to me. Here are Johan and family:

Here is the road to the Dreamer Hostel. A little rough. But that's how I like it:

Parked next to the registration area:

and had to wait for these two to finish registering:

Got a bed in the dormitory for 29,000 pesos (16.67)

and went swimming in the pool:

It's an upscale Euro hostel kind of place with lots of cute 20 something women staying here. I'm old enough to be most of these people's grandpa, so once again, I am the oldest person here by a generation or two. Ah well. It's a nice place.

More later…..

JDowns screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 08:57 PM