View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #48
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
I'm pretty sure any KTM brand tank that fits a 640 with a FCR will also fit a BST equipped bike... The FCR is actually a much bulkier carb, the only real difference will be cable routing... The BST routes the cables up through the frame and along the right side of the backbone under the tank... The FCR cables are best routed under the top y in the frame before it runs along the left side of the backbone... The BST does have the higher vacuum cap in the center but it should not be much of an issue...

Your tank mounts should be generic to all the LC 4 models, even the Adventure tank will mount up to your SXC, the only real difference is the Adventure has an extra brace that fits into an additional bushing slot that the A tank comes equipped with.... This brace also help protect the rads from getting crushed from a side hit...

What tank are you looking to get?
this is the tank, the 27/28 liter

i'm not to bothered if i have to relocate any mounts on the frame, i had a motorcycle shop and built motorcycles for 17 years so none of that stuff intimidates me, if anything its fun and i am a welder as well...

i think the issue according to just gas tanks is the height of the carb, and if i can utilize any mounts on the frame that are not used they will be when i'm finished if they are useful, otherwise they will be gone
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote