View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #2288
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronic View Post
i prefer the "r" look also when unladen but there is something attractive in an all-business sort of way about the standard bike ("s" ?) when it is loaded up with the crash bar, tank bag and plastic luggage:

(pic: autoevolution.com)

i wonder whether kiska planned it that way. A good part of the improvement is the removal of the silver plates protecting the tank lowers, in favour of the crash bar.

The look is definitely growing on me. Enough to wonder whether it represents a bit of a leap that will take a while to get traction. Grudging appreciation in 10 years' time, and recognition as a classic in 20? (yes, i've always liked ducati's 999 )

from this angle and with the gear on, it makes the new gs look mincing and the multistrada effete, imo.

or have i drunk too much orange already?

On a related note: Does anybody know whether the non-electric suspension on the standard bike is at the same grade as that on the r? For example, the r appears to have concentric adjusters on the rear shock for high-speed and low-speed compression damping. Will the standard bike have the same, just with 30mm less travel?
+1
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote