View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #64
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Penticton to Seattle, Wednesday, 25 July 2012, Day 51

Washington Cascades[/caption]

Let this slide so playing catch up so may be a bit vague. Another hot and gorgeous day went for my last breakfast at Tim Horton’s a sad occasion and headed for the border. Crossing no problems again no check on the paperwork on the bike just me. Had a fight with the GPS as it kept resisting the route I wanted to go so in the end I ignored it and did a lovely run through the Washington Cascades.

Washington Cascades[/caption]

And I rolled into to Seattle at about 5.30. Headed straight to Aurora Suzuki where I had arranged a service for the bike.

Well Deserved TLC ![/caption]

I was running late so arranged to leave all my kit with them and only take a small bag to the hotel and come back on Friday where the bike will be as a good as new. Blokes at Aurora very friendly so hang around sorting my kit and chatting and they offered to give me a lift to the hostel where I was staying. So sorted out what was needed for the bike we decided a full service including valves was needed no new chain and sprockets and no new pads needed yet and I got to pick out a new set of tyres after a lot of humming and haring went with a set of Bridgestone TW same as I had before so stick with what you know I got 11.5k out the first set and only 10.4k for the second set. The front one could have been left on but the back one was finished so prudent to change both. Got to the Hostel, which was in a really cool neighbourhood Freemont and the local supermarket was all, organic so had a healthy meal for a change well. Went to the Gasworks Park to watch the sun go down and from here you had a spectacular view of Seattle so hung around and watched the sun go down and enjoyed the view and took loads of pictures that will not come out. Was just going to go to bed when I got chatting to an Italian guy called Simon who was riding up from Ushuaia and had done 32,000km and this all on a 50cc Beta. Wow I was impressed. He was just on his way out to the pub to meet two English blokes who had driven form London to Vladivostok and where waiting for there bikes to arrive from Korea and they where planning to driver also from Alaska to Ushuaia. (Need to change the title of my blog as I thought Ushuaia was in Chile turns out its in Argentina shows how much research I have done) Felt like a rank amateur compared to what these guys had done so headed out into town to find the English Bloke which we did and they where pissed as farts so not much of a dialog hung out for while and the decided to head home as it was quite late and I was not drinking (Ok now you picked yourselves of the floor I have a confession I have not had a drink since I left the Netherlands 51 days ago did fancy one tonight but decided to see how long I can go without as I do not need the additional expense of booze both economically and physically and to be honest have not missed it to much!

The guy’s websites for those of you are interested

http://toughmiles.com/

http://www.fuego2ice.com/blog/en

World Record Bike![/caption]

Seattle
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote