View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
RobertoGatos OP
Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer: 47
Wink

Woke up the next morning around 5:30 and started getting put together. First thing to do was fill up the radiator (with fingers crossed) and fire up the bike. No leaks! STOKED! Put on on some crusty gear and went for a cruise. Came back feeling really good. No problems and it ran great. Last thing to do was scarf down some breakfast.

Race was starting soon and I was a bit worried about never using a Voyager GPS. Didn't have time to play with it the night before, but luckily it was super easy to use. Got the hang of it pretty quick-like on the starting line.

After last night I was just really happy to be at the start. Was funny thinking that the hard part has not even begun yet...

Had a good start on the outside, maybe somewhere in the middle of the pack.

After the first turn there was a nice bottle neck. Kinda had to wait it out.

The rest of the race really cleared up from there, at most you would be stuck behind one or two people on the same obstacle that everyone had to go over.

Managed to tip over less than a quarter mile into the race. Sign of things to come I guess. At least everyone got to see the first crash.

What I didn't realize at the time was that the bike landed on a well placed rock that managed to rip the gas cap off. That would be an issue later...

RobertoGatos screwed with this post 02-25-2013 at 09:59 PM
RobertoGatos is offline   Reply With Quote