View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #98
planemanx15 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
So they are offering to give you a new piston even though you caused the failure

If that`s true......you got to give a big hand for that company..........that`s looking after a customer way beyond what they should...

But.......here`s a thought.....if you are selling a piston/ring/cylinder kit to the general public........maybe you should file the ring gap for them to ensure it`s done properly........does the company need to do this,no,but it would have prevented this..

I`ve seen this happen quite a few times......if the seller just sells the piston or cylinder separetely then fine,,you can`t gap the rings.....but if selling in a kit then they should just do it..since they have all the parts......this would take that part out of the hands of a person that`s not a pro builder........

Seems to me that if the seller gives you a new piston he kinda thinks it would have prevented this,,,,and is willing to take the hit to some point to keep the customer happy.......good for them,nice to see a company look after their customer..

B

Not giving it to me, I am paying for the piston. He could have said you broke it, so buy a whole new kit; but I thank Procycle for not going that direction.
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote