View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
salcar OP
Riding 4 Health

Oddometer: 1,075

After the Wild Coast we headed to Durban where we got new tires on the bike. The street tires with over 8,000 miles on them where not doing the trick.

We also modified the location of the filter so that I can change it in Durban. Apparently you cannot buy a filter for the f800gs and you need to replace the whole fuel pump - crazy!

In Durban, John at Gear-Up uploaded a nice route mostly dirt on the GPS until we reached Country Trax headquaters.

At Country Trax we decided to do off-road training since Tarci had never been off-road and I had never ridden two-up off road.

The course was amazing and I will be posting more about it in the vendor forum.

The picture above is part of the training. A huge downhill, with a circle/slope at the end and then up and downs again.... a lot of fun and challenge ridding two-up...

While at Country Trax we got to meet DJ Cleo who apparently is a famous DJ in South Africa. DJ Cleo and Angie in the picture above where shooting a television show and we got a chance to be part of the show.

We left Country Trax with new skills and decided to hit dirt roads again so we could internalize the training. Above Tarci is taking a break with beautiful surroundings.

We went up North to the River Blyde Canyon. The whole area is an amazing place to ride with stunning views.

After South Africa we headed to Mozambique via Swaziland.

Swaziland provided a nice scenary and some so-so dirt roads.

We stopped for lunch at a reserve and we got to see some wild life (or not so wild)...

The following day we headed to Mozambique where the people are very friendly. The main highway was for the most part in good condition but in several sections it will turn into this:

On the road we stopped to buy some avocados for breakfast and decided to donate some of our clothes to the sellers. The were extremely happy and we had to take a pic:

After a long day ride we finally reached Tofo, Mozambique...

We are currently in Vilanculos. Tomorrow we head toward the Zimbabwe border and the next day we plan to cross the border.

Thank you for all the feeedback and I'll soon reply to the individual posts..