View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,613
Well the sad part is there is a whole lot better dirt/gravel roads than good paved ones and 7 days will literally fly by. The good news is that you are in Colombia on a bike. Bring some good rain gear, it always makes me sad to hear of someone's disappointing trip because of rain, and it does that a lot in most parts of Colombia

If staying on paved roads out of Bogota I would head North, (maybe the salt caves if you've never seen that kind of thing before but not well worth it imho) stopping over in San Gil and then ride the nice paved canyon road into Bucaramanga. Then I would work my way over to Medellin and set up base there to do a few rides to Santa Fe and Guatape before heading down to the coffee triangle area of Manizales, Armenia, Pereira with a stop in Salento. Cali is a little out of the way to the South for the time you have and more than likely you would be going down and up on the PanAm unless you are willing to cross East over to the road going South out of Bogota to Nevia. If you can squeeze in the time to go to San Agustin if going East from Cali, probably not the kind of roads you'd be liking thou.

Again Mike will be able to help you out way more with paved rides in Colombia with his vast knowledge of information, he's got a great pad in Medellin to do little rides from in the surrounding areas.