Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Jeepguy2 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Need advice

Hi, I'm a new member & wanted to see what you guys thought of my dilemma. Background in 05 I bought my first motorcycle a Honda Shadow 600. Then in 06 bought a shadow 1100 spirt & had that for two years. When the economy went to crap I sold it. So I have 3 years experience riding street bikes. I have always liked the idea of trying off some off road stuff, so now I'm looking at 2 different bikes a xt250 or a klr 650. Most of my riding will be pavement, at least 80+ percent but i do want to try some light & medium trails. I'm 5'10" tall with a 32" inseam & weigh between 210-220lbs. I'm stocky as I used to workout a lot but now at 43 I need to drop about 10lbs, which in the summer I normally do. They both seem bullet prof but I worry the xt250's power will bore me on the road, On the other hand I worry the klr since its so heavy will be hard to learn to off road with. As I have limited riding experience in general & zero experience with the off road stuff. The xt is a used 2011 with 2,000 mi. on it while the klr would be new. Sorry this is so long I am hoping that I gave enough background information for you to help me make a wise decision.
Jeepguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote