View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #446
BergDonk OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
Nothing really to report I'm afraid. Basically no riding for me since last Nov. Knee surgery later this week, so hopefully back on board mid April or so.

It took a while to convince the 'gatekeeper' GP(s) that I had a problem that required surgery, the Xrays just showed arthritis, and then with Christmas and queues for MRIs and the orthopedic surgeon, and then a bed, its taken this long. Cartilage tear and stress fractures to be attended to, and hopefully not inflame the arthritis. Deferring the inevitable replacements as long as possible is the objective. This is my previous 'good' knee, with only one arthroscope to date, about 20 yrs ago. My right has had 3 arthroscopes and an ACL reconstruction, and has almost no cartilage left either. Its all payback for trying to be a marathon runner back in the '80s, 30 yrs A grade squash, football in the '60s and '70s etc. New hips won't be too far behind either.

Gotta keep riding while I can.

I did get a brief ride with the intake bellmouth in when the boys and girls came to visit for the Folk Festival a while back and it needs a little more work, or else I'll revert to without. It changed the low speed throttle response in a negative way, and no discernible change with a few revs up.