View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniswhe View Post
Ordered the 460 and progressive front springs. I think this will be adequate for my needs after discussing with Klaus

Butters, I see that you ordered a Seat Concepts seat. How did it work out ? I am considering the same.
No complaints. I haven't done any long rides since I got it so it's hard to give a full review. I never found the stock seat that bad - I mostly wanted to get rid of the blue vinyl and figured I could improve the ride as well.

I typically ride toward the front of the seat and there really isn't much difference up there since the shape is the same. But toward the back it flattens out and gets wider and you can really feel the firmer foam (for the better). On longer rides I tend to use more of the seat and think the difference will be more pronounced.

In hindsight, one thing I might change is to use a grippier material on top. Mine is just the regular vinyl. It is a little slippery with cordura riding pants, although it's ok with my cotton/kevlar pants. I think the textured vinyl or suede might be better, but the upcharge for suede is pretty significant (I think $100).

No regrets and the price and relatively short wait time are big pluses.