View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #48
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
I just read a CW test comparison on the 250 DS bikes and the Honda being the heaviest weighed in at 308 LBS dry which I don't think is any lighter than the DRZ... It does look like a great bike at a low price point if your going to buy new..
You are right, they weigh about the same. The DRZ has more motor. It is also 2" taller and $2,000 more new.

People recommending some of these lighter bikes with powerful high rpm engines, must have started as experts.

When I re entered dirt riding, even though the DRZ400 was availble, my choice was a DR 350. I chose it for the 6 speed trans and lower seat. It wasn't as good as a 400 but neither was I. I made the right choice.

I still make noob mistakes, like stopping on an off camber position and putting the wrong foot down. Even worse is getting the correct foot on the ground, only discovering it is on the gear shift side and I am in 4th gear.

Then there is the issue of single track. Not sure what that means to you. If you are are a noob what difference does it make? It will be a while before you are capable of riding it and then a lighter, taller, better suspended bike makes some sense.

BTW I did not see anything in the video that could not be done with a DR650.

itsatdm screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 06:38 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote