View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #58
TurkeyRun OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Hey thanks Doug!

If I get 'round to doing the forks (looks easy) I'm absolutely doing boots too - looks great!

No, for my Harleys I have a jack. I was thinking it is so cool to be able to service a bike without one. Friggin' awesome. I'm a little scared, the more I fiddle with this GS, the more l like some of the nice touches like that. Even with having to get adapters, the power-port things are another nice thing to have.

Yea, I didn't think the braided lines were stock, but the PO insisted it came that way. Hmmmm....

So, the guy I work with that turned me on to this bike has one just like it, but silver, aftermarket cases, and more miles (I'm thinking 50K+). This one has 21K miles on it. Anyway, I had my work-buddy come take a listen to it when I rode it in one day. He said that it sounded better than his, that I had done the TB balance correctly, and that the noisy injector I was hearing was "probably normal". This guy is pretty meticulous, so I'm gonna go with that .

Oh, I also had a problem with the BMW side cases. Seems in sitting out in the sun for so long, the hinges got real brittle and cracked pretty bad. I found a lot of 7 Southco C6 hinges on eBay for $35. They arrived Friday, but didn't get a chance to do anything with the GS at all this weekend so that will have to wait until one night this week maybe.

I too took a ride today. Needed to go see a guy who lives down in SC, so we met in Laurinburg. About 180 miles round-trip. Beautiful weather! But, since I hadn't ridden my '03 Road King in a while, it got to stretch it's legs a bit.

BTW - name here is Brian
TurkeyRun is offline   Reply With Quote