View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #56
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
Have you considered the CRF250L?

We just picked up a used CRF250L with 600 miles on it Friday night for my wife. She's currently riding an XT225 which she actually enjoys, but she was itching for FI. We are going out west our self this year to ride CO/UT area and figured we'd pick up the CRF to see if she doesn't mind the larger bike. Until she decides, we'll keep both.

I got a chance to ride the CRF myself and its definitely porkier than the WRR. The CRF motor pulls better down low and the motor is so smooth. Amazingly, even smoother than the WRR. The WRR motor keeps pulling long after the CRF runs out of steam, but for my wife, the lower grunt down low in the rev range will work better for her. The CRF also has a much smaller cockpit area and much shorter seat to peg distance. All those things will work in favor of my wife who is only 5'4".

Suspension wise, the WRR certainly has the edge on that, but the CRF will be better than the XT. Overall, the WRR has higher quality parts and that's how the weight is lower. Honda had to cut corners somewhere, but they did bring the bike in at an amazing price point.

So now we have 4 DS's in our garage.
DR650, WR250R, CRF250L, & XT225
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote