View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #82
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Gallup to Santa Rosa, Sunday, 12 August 2012, Day 69

As I said yesterday I have no idea where I am never mind where I am going just blindly following Route 66, which is mostly not there or just disappears and re appears infinitum todays parts of it was calling itself Route 66 prior to 1937 whatever that means I think it just so certain town can claim the route 66 kudos.

mirror mirror[/caption]

on the wall[/caption]

Interesting it is not and every now again an old car of gas station for the rest pretty boring. Only took 4 pictures today and 3 of them of a scrap yard so the scenery is not at all enthralling. Highlight of the day was that yesterday I noticed the screw holding the petrol tank on was missing. So it was both forgotten and not replaced during the last service or it had worked loose. So I decided to find a Suzuki dealer in Albuquerque so plugged Suzuki into the GPS. Two things I had forgotten was it was Sunday so would be shut and when I got there it was indeed shut and it was a car dealership. Homer Doh! This heat is getting to my brain. Finally called it quits at a place called Santa Rosa as it allegedly had some nice lakes near it managed to get some more miles in than yesterday but the heat finally got to me so another cheap motel at the edge of town sound familiar.

Route 66 New Mexico[/caption]

This one had a café next door so grabbed some food there no Internet so watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics. Seeing as this is first real viewing of the Olympics I had watched as I have been watching very little on the goggle box and I must say I was quite impressed and dare I say it proud of the little show us chaps put on. I only turned of when the Brazilian did their bit which was not half as good as us. So again I found myself in a decrepit cheap motel with the air co sounding like it going to cough itself to a terminal standstill and I am wondering what the bleeding hell am I doing here. Route 66 so far not been that exciting or engaging, I have not spoken to anyone for days except for “how you doing” and the very sincere “have a nice day” and I all I am seeing is freeways and freeways service towns every now again can escape on to the old route 66 but this is short-lived or a dead-end so lots of back tracking and looking at the maps not many alternatives routes. What to do?
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote