View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #87
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Rolla to Indianapolis, Friday, 17 August 2012, Day 74

The Brickyard[/caption]

Rained a lot that evening which was nice as I have been travelling in some seriously hot weather in the high 90s Fahrenheit* *mid 30s Centigrade the last week and above the 100s Fahrenheit so that is 40 plus Centigrade so when I got up this morning and it was a balmy 72f or 22c it was a pleasant relief. I had done a lot of miles yesterday however a lot of them in the wrong direction so still had a lot of miles to do today and to add to that also wanted to stay off the freeway and follow route 66 as much as possible so going to be a long day again in the saddle. I said goodbye to Route 66 at St Louis which also looked like an interesting place to stay however I had a date with Valentino, Lorenzo, Casey and Danny and the rest of the MotoGP mob so pushed on to Indy.

Illinois Toll Bridge[/caption]

was not walking paid 1 cent![/caption]

Got there about 8.30 had lost an hour going into Indiana or was it Illinois I do not know anymore found the campsite which was right next to the track and set up camp. It has been more than month since I have been under canvas so hopefully all the mossies that I packed last time I camped are all dead if not they are going to be very angry
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote