View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #88
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Indianapolis, Saturday, 18 August 2012, Day 75

showing the motogp jockeys how to look good on a bike![/caption]

Have let this slip so doing a bit of a catch up so may be a bit slapdash. As you probably gathered I am at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit for the MotoGP. I decided I had been alone to long in tatty motel rooms in the middle of nowhere I would go to the other extreme and set up camp in a middle of field with loads of like-minded motorcycle enthusiast and maybe even talk to some of them.

Drove into Indianapolis late last night and what struck me was that for a Motorcycle event there where not many motorcyclist around so at first I thought I am in the right place and if yes have I got the right weekend. After putting the tent up went looking for where the action maybe but to be honest there was not much so walked miles to find some food and then back to the tent and spent the rest of the evening chatting to my neighbours before retiring to bed.

Indy MotorGP No one here![/caption]

Up quite early and headed to the track for a full day of watching motorcycles go round and round in circles at different speeds and levels. Just what the doctor ordered my idea of heaven. Today was just the warm up and the qualifications so with my general admission ticket I was allowed to go into pretty much all of the grandstands so spent all day moving from one to another trying to figure the best spot to watch the race tomorrow where I would be restricted as to where I could stand.

Indy MotorGP StillNo one! here![/caption]

Gorgeous hot day very little shade and we all know Philly’s views on Sun Tan Oil (Can’t stand the stuff) I was a burnt red little boy at the end of the day but very happy been chatting and bull shitting bikes all day good atmosphere here and the racing and what can get to see very good quality. Got back to the Tent at about 6 so been cooking in the sun for about 10 hours but was beyond caring was a bit whiffey*as well as there was no water or showers at the campsite or internet so I thought I would address one of those Issues and headed to McDonald’s for a drink as they have free WiFi and sorted out some digs for Monday in Chicago.

Afterwards headed into town where the whole center of town was closed of except for Motorcycles so there where bikes everywhere. Spent the rest of the evening just wandering around people and bike watching and later did some cruising in the hope that some of me pongs may be blown away.

Indianapolis Biker Party[/caption]

Got back to the campsite quite late had a chat with a Fries couple and then back to me tent to crash a burnt smelly but happy chap and the good news is I get to do it all again tomorrow yeah!
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote