View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #89
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Indianapolis, Sunday, 19 August 2012, Day 76

Sun Cream Nope Custard Cream Yep it all about priorities[/caption]

Up at about 9 headed straight to the race track and to the loo's there as the ones at the campsite where a bit minging by now and also took my towel and managed to have a stand up wash at one of the basins to get rid of some of me pongs a big improvement on the French shower I had yesterday but as I had a good couple of hot days and night pongs on me not ideal. Grabbed a coffee and a breakfast sandwich and sneaked into one of the stands I was not allowed and had me breakfast watching the warm up sessions. Eventually they started checking folk’s tickets so I decided to move before I was asked to leave and make my way to the cheap seats. I had a place in mind which covered the exit of the pit lane turn 1 through 4 and was high up in the stand there’s was cool breeze to keep the heat down as is was still sunny I cooked again but did not notice as much. Spent the rest of the day up in here on me perch chatting and chewing the fat with the folks around and also got talking to a Canadian/Dutch guy who had ridden all over Mexico and Central America and even sort published a bikers hotel guide to the area so spent the day picking his brains for useful gems of information which I have probably forgotten by the time I get there should really start writing some of this info down.

Race Day[/caption]

Most crowded stand![/caption]

Another good day at the race Danny Pedrosa took the main event big prize easily saw loads of crashes in the last couple of days a great venue what surprised how empty it was very few spectators if you compare it to say something like Assen where they get about 100,000 plus spectators there felt like there was hardly any at this event which is great for me as I hate large crowds :-).

Need a shower soon![/caption]

What surprised me even more was I was practically the only person left staying at the campsite got back to the tent and everyone had left! So had a very strange evening where I walked about 3 miles to the nearest place selling food (Taco Bell not had one of these yet) still hot totally burnt and not smelling that pleasant. I cannot get it into my head that you need a vehicle in the US if you want to do anything as everything is so far apart but I did not fancy getting the bike out so of I go walking everywhere hoping that it will be closer than it actually is. The exercise will do me good. Got back to the tent at about 7 it was like a ghost town now so did a little bit work on the PC but no wi-fi so limited what I could do and what I could be bothered to do without any power there as well. Read me book for a short while and as I was knackered and there was bugger all to do decided on early night so at 10 I went to bed so a reverse sleep in. Why going to bed early is not as pleasurable as a sleep in always bothered me as I much rather have a lie in than go to bed early.

Where has everyone gone ?[/caption]
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote