View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #91
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Chicago, Tuesday, 21 August 2012, Day 78

Chicago Art[/caption]

Got up quite early and had the free breakfast which was surprisingly good and plentiful for a hostel. I have decided to stay an extra day, as after checking the bike it was still there which it was so with that decision made I could take it easy. Last night I had been doing some timeline planning as I had arranged to meet an old friend of mine Supriya who lives in Nashville and would be nice to be able to tell her when I maybe turning up on her front doorstep. Sounds quite a simple exercise but there are so many variables I was only able to come up with a rough estimate of 2 weeks but based on my planning thus far this either very optimistic or very pessimistic and I have nothing to base the planning as is all unknown territory to me. Also need to figure when I will be going back to the NL and that is turning into a logistical nightmare as well. So having made the simple decision of staying here an extra night I set of to get an all travel card and discover the delights of Chicago. The Plan was to use public transport as much as possible but again this plan was ignored as I sent most of the day walking from one Chicago hotspot to another so I am knackered but it was very enjoyable but certainly walked for miles. Tomorrow I will use the public transport more and give me poor little legs a rest

dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote