View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #92
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Chicago, Wednesday, 22 August 2012, Day 79

Chicago River[/caption]

I am glad I decided to stay an extra day in Chicago as I really enjoyed yesterday and was looking forward to doing it all again today. First thing I did was go to the Zoo why because it was free.* Normally not a big fan of zoos as I believe animals should be in the wild not in cages but I do like seeing animals so zoo make sense at a certain level but still mixed emotions especially after I saw one of the lions there pacing his area he was walking around a log and just kept on doing this and was still doing this later when I went past so I am sure that not a good sign when animals are pacing like that surely I sign of madness and stir crazy creeping in and this was one of the reason I do not like going to zoos when you see unnatural* behaviour like this.

True to my word after the zoo I hopped on a bus to minimise the walking today and then on to the L train L for elevated and went round the loop a couple of times taking pictures. This after waiting for an age for a purple line train to come eventually just got on the first train coming through and later I found out that the purple train only runs in the rush hour.

So spent all day wandering the town on a mix of trainís buses and walking.

Went to China Town for a late lunch early supper and walked the golden mile and eventually got back to the hostel at about 6 ish short rest and then back into town to the John Hancock Building again as I had been there yesterday and it was fantastic and you could buy another ticket cheaply if you brought whilst you where there the first time so this time I was going to watch the sunset. *After the sunset at about 8.45 I was just about to get in the lift and leave when the attendant mentioned that Wednesday night there was a firework display at 9.30 from Navy Pier so a quick U-turn and grabbed a seat and waited for the display whilst waiting got chatting a nice German who just qualified as a Doctor. Watching the fireworks from a skyscraper was weird normally you are looking up at a display going ooh and aah but now I was looking down on it with no sounds excellent if not a bit strange!

Afterwards back to the hostel which was a bit lively quite a young crowd all trying to out cool each other which is amusing to watch bad thing was there where a couple of guitars there as well and there is always some sad git who thinks they can play a bit murdering all your favourite or not so favourite songs wish they would shut the f**k up as I have no desire to hear some talentless git play the guitar and sing toneless along with it I do that myself in the shower where it bothers no one mini rant over guess I am no longer young and or cool
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote