View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #93
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Chicago to Flint, Thursday, 23 August 2012, Day 80

Michigan Road[/caption]

Heading towards the Niagara Falls today 2 days hard dry so planning to get some decent mileage done today to make tomorrow easier. Thought I would be on a scenic road following the lake but for the 1st hour rough old working towns round Chicago and very industrial saw very little of the lake later in the day turned into corn fields which was pleasant riding if not a tad warm today. Not very photogenic scenery, so very few pictures taken today but all in all a nice day in the saddle.

Come quitting time started to look for somewhere to stay but there where very few cheap motels around only the standard mainstream chains so ended up in a motel 6 slightly over my usual budget but I was tired. Tonight for my haute cuisine I decided to try an Arby’s, which was nice change, roast beef sandwiches then back to the motel to chill.

Later that evening as I was doing my expenses I noticed my credit card was missing! PANIC empty wallet not there look all over room not their MORE PANIC where did I have it last Arby’s so hop on the bike and quickly ride down to Arby’s with all sorts of thing going through my mind on how complicated it going to be if I have lost me card as I use for everything at the moment. Got to Arby’s but it was shut PANIC luckily they where cleaning up and the drive through part was still operating so got their attention and what a stroke of luck I had left on the counter when paying and they had put it to one side so a happy reunion with my credit card that was a close call need to take more care getting a bit lapsydasickle in me old age cannot afford the hassle of a major upset of loosing my credit card. PANIC officially over relax.
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote